Network Technician - Level 1
The Network Technician - Level 1 is responsible for first tier support in GCS' Managed Services and Flex Services offerings. Ideal candidates are expected to have excellent communication skills. They will be comfortable providing end-user support for basic to intermediate level computer problems and requests. They will be expected to learn new products and technologies quickly and constantly.
Candidates are expected to immediately have the knowledge and experience to support most of the following technologies:
- Receive incoming phone calls and provide Level 1 problem resolution.
- Create helpdesk tickets for all incoming calls and assign to Level 2 Technicians as needed.
- Track Ticket status to ensure that each ticket in the queue is being updates and completed in a timely manner. Escalate tickets in danger of exceeding SLA.
- Perform basic troubleshooting of internal computer and network systems. Assist Network Engineers, and Level 2 Technicians with internal support tasks.
- Assist with various billable or non-billable tasks requested by Project Managers, Level 2 Technicians, and Network Engineers. This may include basic network management tasks, couriering parts and equipment to onsite technicians, parts pickup and delivery, etc.
- Assist with onsite project deployments including handset setup for phone systems, AV/AS deployment, domain membership configuration and other basic tasks.
Preference is given to well certified individuals.
1-2 years experience in a help desk or network support position.
Degrees are valued but not required. We prefer experience and certifications.
- All Windows desktop versions. Mac/Linux is helpful but not required.
- Common Desktop Applications
- Basic Networking. Some experience with network hardware such as firewalls, switches, and routers. Experience with networking in Windows (IP Addressing, DHCP, DNS).
- Basic Troubleshooting skills